Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Baby Shower Fun

So, last week our wonderful friends hosted a fantastic and fun baby shower for us. Chip and Allyson went all out.Chip put the Bar-B-Q on at about midnight, despite not feeling to hot. I'm sure his upset tummy had nothing to do with the Halloween party he went to that night!??! He was such a trooper!

Allyson as always made everyone feel welcome and at home. She has become such a wonderful friend and I honestly don't know what I would do without her. She was there from the very beginning. Listening to me cry my heart out when another test came back negative and now she is like my walking pregnant encyclopedia. Any and every question, no matter how silly or sometimes embarrassing, she always has the answer. It's so wonderful being close to someone who has "been there done that" so recently. She's such a wonderful mother to Karlee. I have learned so much by just watching her with her precious angle. From playing referee while Travis and I registered at Target, to loaning me my first pair of pregnancy jeans, Allyson is a blessing to our family
We are so lucky, to have so many true friends. Gina drove all the way from Atlanta, Amy and Heath also made quite a trip to be here. Wanda, who's like my mom at work, made my favorite pound cake. Gayle just puts up with me, even when she probably shouldn't. She's the sister I never had. So many of our friends came to help us welcome Mason into the world and showered us with love and gifts. We are so thankful. When we got home, Travis and I couldn't stop talking about how much fun we had and how fortunate we are to be surrounded by such a supporting and loving group of friends.I was ready for bed, but Travis had other ideas. He had to put together the pack n' play, our fabulous gift from all the hosts and hostesses. In fact after he had it all assembled (Pebbles helped) He had me time him to see how long it would take him to take it down!!! He did it in 5 minutes! Hilarious!

2 comments:

Chip, Allyson and Karlee Baker said...

We had so much fun throwing the shower. You too are a wonderful friend who has been there for me when many others have not. Thank you for your friendship and I can't wait to raise our children together.

Amanda Parker said...

Elizabeth, we are all so excited for you & Travis and I'm so glad you have so many great friends to help you celebrate this special time. He's a lucky little boy -- I just know you & Travis will be the most amazing parents! Now hurry up & let's get this ball rolling!