Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, February 16, 2009

2 Months Old!

My beautiful Mason turned two months today! Can you believe it? Time is flying by. I want it to STOP right now. Do all mom's say that?

Mason is sleeping through the night. Amazing. He goes down around 10:30pm and sleeps until six the next morning. At first it freaked us out a bit, but we are slowly getting used to not getting up for those 2 am feedings. He loves to be rocked, and stare at the dimmed lights on the ceiling fan in his room before he slowly starts closing his eyes and falls asleep in your arms. Those are the sweetest moments, because Mason flashes this beautiful sleepy, closed-eyed smile just before he falls into a deep slumber. I love it, I get to kiss him and smell him and cuddle him. It is by far my most favorite time of day.

Mom and Daddy came for a visit this weekend. We had a great time and Travis cooked a delicious steak dinner for Valentine's day. He added a fourth diamond to the necklace my mom gave me. The first diamond is for my grandmother, the second is for her the third is for me and now the fourth is for Mason. My sweet, sentimental husband. What would I do without him?
It was a wonderful weekend, Mom and I giggled while putting together little Mason's birth announcements and we went shopping. I fit into a pair of Anne Taylor jeans, not my pre-preg size of course, but I still got in em' and looked cute. As of today I have lost 50 lbs. with another 20 or 25 to go. It's such a relief to know it's coming off, sure it's hard work, working out every night and strict dieting, but I'm doing it and it feels wonderful physically and emotionally.

So, that's it. Going to go brush my teeth, and get in bed. Snuggle up next to my sleeping husbabnd and try not to stare at the baby monitor. Good night baby Mason, thank you for the BEST two months of my life.

4 comments:

Julee H. Nappier said...

Those blue eyes!!! Those puffed up cheeks! How beautifully precious is he!

Amanda at Amanda's Parties To Go said...

Cherish every single moment!! One day he'll talk back to you with a not-so-nice tone and you'll dream of those days he was so sweet, looking only at you, completely in love with his mama. And great job losing the weight -- that's amazing!! You'll get the rest off. He's such a beautiful baby.

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

he is SOOOOO precious liz!!!

Elizabeth said...

I'm crying. Love that picture of just his eyes and the bottle. That is the sweetest, you need to frame that one. Maybe enter it in a contest.