Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Poor Baby!

Mason had his first round of shots yesterday. Poor thing, I have never heard him cry like that. Thankfully I was able to nurse him seconds after the shots were given and he calmed down and fell asleep in five minutes. I loved the feeling of being able to comfort him when he was scared and in pain. It makes all the early frustrations of breastfeeding well worth it. Travis was such a huge help and so far he hasn't missed a doctor's appointment. He's so wonderful with little Mason. When we got home, he was still fussy but fell asleep and had a nice nap. That night he was very fussy, but settled down after his bath and slept the whole night, expect when we woke him a bit to give him some Tylenol. Bless his little heart, he did so good. I love my little man so much.



On another note, my boss called me yesterday to ask if I was coming back to work. I said yes and we tentatively set March 16th as the date. So, now all I can think about is how much I'm going to miss him and how in the hell am I going to be able to leave him? I've already started crying about it. I'm trying to focus on the positives. I love my job, I'm great at it and Mason is in very good hands....but they aren't my hands. You know? God give me strength.


5 comments:

Julee H. Nappier said...

It will all work out.): I know you're going to miss the little guy though.

NeNe and Pops said...

Mason will know you love him and when he can see you on the TV he is going to be so proud "that is my mom" and I know he will tell everyone how proud of what you do he is. Love you so much MJ

The Auburn Polks said...

I have to agree with mom. I will know what you are feeling soon enough. Love ya

Elizabeth said...

Wow! He's getting so big. Go listen to the song I have on my blog right now. It is so true!!

So cherish every moment and you really have no idea how fast it goes by. I remember seeing kids that were 3 or 4 years old and thinking that was a long way off for me as a parent, I was wrong.

Julee H. Nappier said...

LOVED the card and pictures...thank you!!