Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cankles and Coach

I have "cankles" according to my nice pedicure lady. Or at least that's what I think she said as she slipped off my shoes at the nail salon today. She's a wonderful Asian woman I've been going to for years. We've never had a conversation, but I love her. So, I couldn't really understand what word she uttered when she pointed to my huge belly, then pointed to my feet and gave me a sad face. But it sounded like "cankles." Or maybe that was the only word I could hear in my head when I stared down at two feet that did not look like my own. I did tear up a bit. I think that's why my wonderful, quiet pedicure friend gave me an extra 10 minute leg massage. I love her.

So, I came home and waddled my way to my shoe closet. I tried to put on my favorite pair of Coach sandals. Let's just say it was like watching Cinderella's wicked step-sister try and cram her big fat foot into that damn glass slipper. I've never really liked the step-sisters, but at this point, skinny Cinderella can kiss my....cankles.

It's one thing not to be able to wear your wedding ring. You expect that and you get to buy a big fake one to wear. However, taking away a girls favorite pair of Coach sandals (THAT I GOT ON SALE) is just cruel.

You may feel sorry for me now.


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Love it! LOL!!

Did you know Heather was in the hospital this weekend.