Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 6, 2008

Child Birth 101


Travis and I had another doctor's appointment this morning with Dr. Alverson. He is so wonderful, so is his nurse Vickie. We are so fortunate to have them taking care of us. I measured just fine and Mason has a strong little heart beat at 151. That's my boy! I'm having some crazy dreams lately. Dr. Alverson assured me vivid dreams are normal and not to be concerned. Poor Travis, I keep waking him up in the middle of the night. He always calms me down. Thanks hon.

Tonight is our first child birthing class! I'm so excited. We have no idea what to expect, besides the infamous video! Oh Lord! I think Travis is a bit nervous we might have to share our feelings. He's not big on group sharing, so this should be interesting. Plus, Travis and I have the tendency to laugh inappropriately at group gatherings. Like Weddings. We will get tickled over the silliest things, like bees. Seriously bumble bees have sent us both into hysterics while a groom and a bride were exchanging their vows. I'm hoping we can act like the mature adults we are (or should be at this point). We were also told to bring two pillows?!?! That makes us both a bit nervous. Bless his heart, Travis has been so wonderful through all of this. Wish us luck!! More tomorrow!

As for work, what a day! My story was about two children, both under the age of 5, that had tested positive for meth. Opelika police have a suspect and should make an arrest soon. Addiction is awful. These stories get to me so much more than they used to. I can't imagine putting my dogs in danger, much less our little Mason. I pray for those two kids. I hope they have someone in their life to protect them and care for them. Every child deserves that.

Photobucket

4 comments:

The Northcutt's said...

I love the new blog. Thanks for sharing it with us. We Can hardly wait for little Mason to come into the world! Caroline looks forward to meeting her little friend. And about the birthing classes... you really only need one pillow. :) Have fun! When it comes to "balloon time", get Travis to blow his up as big as he can!!!

Elizabeth said...

I love your blog! We have one also if you want to check it out (yosts.blogspot.com) Don't be worried about the birthing class. You won't do anything too scary! It was actually pretty helpful, especially for Keven, because it gave him some idea what to expect.

Chopstick Chatter said...

E-Beth, this blog is great. Thanks for putting so much time into it. This way I can keep up with your growing family while over here in China! Look forward to reading more soon...
Love,G

Elizabeth said...

Okay, there are a few too many Elizabeth's on this thing. I'm glad you are one of them though! Welcome to the blog world.