Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

First Smile!


Mason turned two weeks old today! His daddy was playing with him when all of a sudden Mason smiled and held that smile long enough for Travis to take this picture! I mean I know all mothers think their children are adorable....but pleasseee....have you ever seen such cuteness?

I'm so in love with him.

Travis and I are gaining confidence every day. My mom will be leaving in a few days and I'm absolutely devastated that our time is over. Still, she thinks we are ready to be on our own and is nudging us out of the nest. It's so funny to see how she gently pushes me to do stuff that I'm still freaked out about, like driving with him in the car. Today she insisted we go for a weigh in at Dr. Greer's and stood back as I got him ready and put him in his car seat. (BTW, our little man weighs a whopping 9 pounds already!) I feel like Rockey and she's Mickey. She pushes me to get out and walk, eat healthy and take naps. 40 pounds have already fallen off and I now have the confidence that the final 30 will come off too, if I continue to work at it. I can't tell you how many times I have snapped at her (I'm so blaming the hormones) and how many times we have absolutely fallen out in tears laughing over something (mostly my National Geographic Boobs)I mean I could put someones eye out with these things. Gotta love breast feeding. Anyway, we have really had a wonderful time and I feel closer to her than ever. What would we do without our moms. Mason, I hope you love me half as much as I love your grandma. Thanks Mom, for the laughter, tears, encouragement and love.

3 comments:

The Auburn Polks said...

This is such a cute picture. I am sure you will do great with your mom being gone. See ya soon Love ya.

Chip, Allyson and Karlee Baker said...

You know as soon as your mom leaves, I'll be there for any help needed.

Julee H. Nappier said...

OMGish....I could eat him up...I've got to get down there and see that little guy!