Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, December 15, 2008

I hope.....

This time tomorrow I will be a mom. What an amazing, scary, exciting feeling. We are leaving bright and early for a quick drive to East Alabama Medical Center. I need to be there at 6:30 to be prepped for our c-section at 9. Travis and I are so excited. My mom and dad are driving in from Atlanta. They too are excited. My mom will be staying with us for a month to make sure all we have to worry about is taking care of Mason. She is superwoman, supermom, everything to me. I hope I can be half the mother to Mason that she's always been to me.

Now a note to my son.....

Dear my little Mason,

I can't wait to hold you in my arms. To see your face, the color of your eyes (I hope you have your daddy's eyes) your hair (we are in big trouble if you have my red hair). I can't wait to count your ten fingers and your ten toes. I know you are perfect. I can't wait to smell you and cuddle with you. I can't wait to see your dad stare in awe at you. I can't wait to hear the reactions from your grandparents as they see you for the first time. I'm so ready for you to be here. So are they.

I pray that I will be the best mom I can be for you. I hope to raise you in a home filled with love for both Christ and family. I hope you love dogs as much as I do and experience that type of pure love. I hope when you are a grown man that I'm the first person you have to tell when something fantastic happens. I hope I'm the first person you turn to when you are scared or something bad happens. I hope I can be a great mother-in-law to the woman you love.....just like I've had a great mother-in-law who loves me. I hope you love sports and hunting with your dad. I hope you love bugs and dirt and trucks. I hope you love books like your Uncle Alan and space ships and science like your Uncle Russell. I hope you are kind at heart like your Aunt Tracy Spratlin and sweet and loving and spirited like your other Aunt Tracey White. I hope you are strong like you Aunt Gayle. I hope you love your cousins, Kate and Campbell. I hope you have Kate's quiet strength and Campbell's spunk. I mostly hope you are like your dad, his dad and my dad. There are no other men on this earth like them or equal to them.

So little Mason, sleep well tonight. Tomorrow our life begins.

Love,
Mom


3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Elizabeth, I am so excited for you! I hope that everything goes well tomorrow; I know that you will love Mason with all your heart! I can't wait to see pictures!

Elizabeth ><>

Julee H. Nappier said...

You'll be the best mom!(:

Amanda at Amanda's Parties To Go said...

What a great letter to Mason. We are all thinking about you & praying for you!