Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Quick Update

Hi Everyone!

Okay, so I'm one week away from my due date and I haven't dilated or dropped. Boo!
So, Monday they did an ultrasound. We found out Mason is heads down. Yay!
The measurements indicate he weighs about 7 lbs. 15 ounces Ouch!

At this point they could pull Mason out of my nose or ears and I wouldn't care. I'm just ready to have him. We are hoping I dilate some by the 16th, our due date. The doctor said if I had he could try to induce to speed things up a bit. If not, it looks like we will have a c-section.

I guess it all hit me about five minutes ago when the hospital called me on my cell phone to remind me that Dr. Alverson had me scheduled for a c-section on Tuesday, the 16th. It was like, wow, this is going to happen! Soon! Our baby, our son, is almost here, with us. We will be able to hold him and see him and love him and read to him and feed him and rock him. I'm overwhelmed. My heart just feels so full, with love for him, my husband and our family. Thank you God for this blessing.

2 comments:

Julee H. Nappier said...

Oh, how wonderful!!!

I'm so excited for yal! Best of luck and keep us posted, girlie!!

John Smith said...

wow-scheduled for Tuesday! you are going for it! I will be scheduling mine next time as well. It would be nice to have a hot shower beforehand....