Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 5, 2009

Our First Day....




Mason and I spent our first day at home together. My mom left this weekend and Travis headed to work. Needless to say I was a tad bit apprehensive....but the day went well, we even made our first car trip together. Mason sounded a little stuffy, so we headed to the doctor. I was there at 8:45, office opened at 9. My mom used to do this with us when we were sick. She was always the first one waiting in line at the doctor. Her idea was the sooner she could get us in to see the doctor, the faster we could get our medicine and feel better. Mom was always the best nurse and I hope I can be the same for Mason. Anyway, Dr. Greer says the stuffed up sound was perfectly normal for the third week and he showed us how to suction out Mason's nose, which I will allow Travis to do, because Mason hates it. I don't want to be the bad guy.

Travis got home around 5:30 and Allyson stopped by to drop off a cool baby carrier to help me care for Mason when I'm at home, or to take him on walks. LOVE her. Then I got out for about 30 minutes and walked super hard in the rain. It was great to get some fresh air and be alone with my thoughts. Then we had dinner and gave Mason his bath. I'm going to bed and Travis is going to do this next feeding so I can get some sleep. Travis has been so nice that I decided to post pictures of little Mason in his first ever SEC outfit, even though it's not Auburn.

So, good night little Mason! Here's to us! We did it and I only cried three times for my mom!! Not too shabby!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh wow!! I have not been keeping up with anyone's blogs lately, what a fantastic thing to click on yours tonight. What a sweet baby! It sounds like you had a good day today! give me a week to get back into a routine and I'll help you if you want to take a nap of go for a walk one day. Can't wait to meet him!

Heather said...

The photo of the bath has to be the cutest thing I've ever seen. :O)

Sounds like you have everything under control. Way to go, girl!

I am around until the 16th and then I'll be back on the 20th. If you want to come hang before/after those dates, please do! Or if I can come help you out, or just sit and keep you company, let me know. :O)

Amanda Parker said...

You are doing great, Elizabeth! And thanks for bringing Mason by -- love at first site it was! He's beautiful! Sounds like Travis is being a big help -- that's a blessing in and of itself. You're doing a great job... just keep sneaking in those naps!

barclay said...

I loved reading about your first day alone! I remember when my mom left after Sutton was born. we both cried and cried and it seemed like when darkness came it was worse. Get all the rest you can and enjoy that precious angel. We are right here if you need a hand - anytime.

Julee H. Nappier said...

Congrats on your fisrt day!!!

Wilson's Winners said...

Congrats on your new addition! I cam across your blog from Allyson's. It sounds like you are doing well:-) Hang in there!

The Dilworth Family said...

Girl hang in there...I remember feeling the same way when my mom left! Call me if you ever need anything...I'm always at home. He's a beautiful baby!!!