Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Parents and Parties but no Pygmies

Hi everyone! I know it's been a while since my last post, but my Lord, Mason keeps us very busy. He is staying awake a lot longer during the day, so the hours fly by. I love to play with him and watch his learning video. Mom and Dad swear he said blue elephant the other day. Ha! He's a genius. He is grabbing at rattles and loves his play gym from his Uncle Russell and Adam. His hand eye coordination is really starting to develop. I mean I just can't help but smile when I look at him. He is super super cute!
He can focus on objects and stares at his mama and daddy. He coos more than he grunts now and I swear he giggles. It is so cute to hear him experimenting with his own voice and new sounds. Plus, he is smiling and I don't think it has anything to do with having gas! He's adorable!

So, yesterday Karlee Baker had her first birthday party. She LOVED her cake, and literally dove right in. No hands, all face.
It was so cute. Have you ever seen The Christmas Story when Ralphy eats like a little piggy?? Well, Ralphy had nothing on our little Karlee. It was Mason's first party. He enjoyed being passed from person to person.
Travis claimed that he did not like Mason's cashmere outfit (he thought it was a bit girly) HOWEVER, he had a small fit when I grabbed the green pacifier to take with us. He insisted we bring the blue pacifier, so it would match! Yep. I looked at him like...who's the girl again?? Rolley Len Kirk was also there with her parents. She is such a cutie pie. She kept hugging Karlee, but it turned out to be more of a tackle. Can you say free safety for the Atlanta Falcons? Those two girls are adorable!!!! Both are so spirited and loving. I can't wait till Mason grows up a bit so he can start playing with them. Poor little Mason, he doesn't stand a chance against these two and he's going to LOVE every minute of it. As we were leaving, we tried to take a picture of all three. Hilarious.I loved every bit of our time spent with the Bakers, the Norells and Kirks yesterday. Saturday used to be about sleeping in, anchoring in Columbus, driving home, getting ready, and bar hopping till it was late enough to go to Supper Club to drink/dance the night away. My, how things have changed. I love this new chapter more than the Velcro Pygmies. That's a whole lotta love!
Mom and Dad came for a visit last weekend. We had a great time. They get up super early after our morning feedings and would watch Mason so Travis and I can sleep in a bit. It's so nice having them here. Plus, my dad actually changed a diaper by himself. He loves little Mason so much. Mom and I got out of the house, it was soooo nice! We went to our favorite place...Victoryland and played the slots (Some say trashy I say it's the best 100-bucks I'll ever spend) We just giggled and talked and had a great day out.



Mama Joyce (MJ) just came over for a visit. She brought Subway and we had lunch. She got to love on Mason for a while. I was able to sit down and pay bills and it didn't take me all day. Thanks MJ. The Sekulas also brought dinner over. Yum. Little John, who I adore, got to hold Mason. He did not want to let him go! LJ just loves babies. He is such a caring and sweet child. Thanks Sekulas!
So, right now Travis is hunting and I'm blogging while watching some awful reality TV shows. My guilty pleasure. Mason is napping in his swing (THANK YOU SO MUCH BETH AND JACK) and I might close my eyes for a bit as well. What a Sunday to be thankful for. This is life.

<span class=Photobucket" border="0">

No comments: